Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wanna Play Post Office?

You may or may not remember the old game of Post Office which called for some odd ways of applying postage.

I noted the postal rates have gone up again. So, yesterday, I stopped by the local post office and bought a couple of "rolls" of forever stamps. But they didn't have rolls, only packets of 20 each. I figure I'll be covered for several years.

I don't remember when the last increase occurred, but I had almost a roll of 39 cent stamps then and purchased a bunch of 2 cent stamps to make the old ones useful.

Since starting to use on line banking, our use of the Post Office as dwindled to almost nothing. I just checked and found that I still have 40 of the old stamps left.

Why doesn't the Post Office allow us to return unused stamps to use as a credit toward new stamps? Looking around, I've got bits and pieces of rolls of stamps from previous issues that are virtually worthless unless I spend more money to buy one cent stamps to make up the differences.

When some people get mail from me, they probably get more excited about the antique stamps on the outside of the envelope than what's in the envelope.

Oh well, the way I figure I have at least three year's of postage pre-paid at this point. And with the post office's attitude toward the consumer, I may have five or six years worth.

So, Post Office, lick that stamp and post it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://community.gazzetta.gr/profiles/blogs/consolidate-credit-cards ]consolidate loans and credit cards [/url]consolidate all my credit cards bill consolidation consolidate credit cards consolidate credit cards and personal loans
[url=http://www.officialflo.com/profiles/blogs/consolidate-credit-cards ]christian consolidate credit cards [/url]best way to consolidate credit cards companies to consolidate credit cards government help to consolidate credit cards
[url=http://community.bonniehunt.com/profiles/blogs/consolidate-credit-cards ]consolidate my credit cards [/url]consolidate home equity credit cards visa cards consolidate credit card debt 1766 consolidate credit cards debt 2545