I once had the opportunity to see Ray Charles perform up close and personal. I worked for a company that sponsored him as major entertainment for a highly esteemed group of about 200 people.
It was a most memorable occasion and he performed flawlessly. The only requirement put on us was that we could not dance during the performance. That was a tough order to follow.
So I have used my latest quarter to give you six plays of some of Ray Charles' best. And I'm leaving Chuck Berry's songs on for another day or two.
Now let's see if I can get two quarters for this half dollar. I'm going to pick out six more plays.
Later dudes.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
9 years ago
3 comments:
Mr. H & I got to see Ray Charles once when we lived in Newport News, VA. The Jazz Festival there lasted for 3 or 4 nights every year. The year we attended, Ray Charles, Stanley Jordan, Branford Marsalis, and Aretha Franklin were all on the same night! I had never heard of anyone on any of the other nights. Boy, did we get our money's worth!
Sorry, that was Roberta Flack, not Aretha Franklin.
Hey, Roberta Flack....Aretha Franklin, either one with that great lineup would have been exciting.
Post a Comment