This morning we were coming back to Brandon from the Jackson area. On the other side of the road just east of the airport exit, we spotted a lady who apparently had a flat and had the spare out and propped against the back bumper. I told my wife that somebody needs to help her.
So we got off at the Crossgates exit and doubled back to see what we could do. Just as I got her in sight, a black car moved onto the shoulder of the road and stopped just behind her. I moved in behind him and stopped. A young man got out of his car and it appeared we had both stopped to help her. And, ironically, we both had doubled back to offer our services. The lady and her daughter were from Georgia and it was apparent that she had a blowout.
But she insisted she had called AAA and somebody was on the way. She said AAA had told her it would take 20 to 30 minutes for someone to get to her. The young man and I both offered to go ahead and change the tire, but she was insistent on waiting on AAA. At that point, I wished her good luck, got back into our car, drove to the airport exit, crossed I-20 and headed back east toward Brandon.
As we passed her, we looked on that side of the highway and it appeared that the nice young man, who had his wife and baby in his car, was going to wait with the lady until help arrived.
It's nice to know that, in this day and time, people are still willing to assist others who appear to have trouble. I've always been lucky to have people come to my aid when stranded on the road and also my wife and daughters. So I have always been willing to return the courtesy to others who appear to be in trouble.
I hope the lady was able to get her tire changed and get a new tire mounted and put on so she could continue her journey.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment