A few years ago, I DJ'd a party for some people and didn't want to use my home CD player because of the problems of pulling CD's out and stuffing others in. So I went out and bought two inexpensive single CD portable players that run off batteries (Think Walkman). I bought two cords at Morrison Brothers where I rented the amp and speakers. Plugged the two CD players into the amplifier and played music for about four hours.
Some friends have asked me to provide background music for an outside engagement party. Fortunately, I have a small Honda generator, 2,000 watts, that is very quiet running. So I decided to set up the generator and my old Pioneer receiver with some Bose speakers (some older Bose speakers which still put out a very good sound). Since I can just start the music and let it play on it's own, I don't have to bother with playing requests or varying the tempo.
So I thought about how to use my IPOD where all that music is recorded anyway. I took one of those cords I used for the battery powered CD players and plugged one end into the IPOD and the other two ends into the receiver, and like magic, relaxing music was easing out of the speakers.
The bottom line is this. If you have a receiver and an IPOD you DO NOT need one of those IPOD cradles with speakers to listen to your music. Nope. All you need is a four foot cord with a stereo plug at one end (that's one that has two black bands on it) that morphs into two stereo plugs at the other end. You put the single plug in the IPOD and the others in the receiver. Then you can sit back and enjoy your music with your best speakers.
I've attached a photo of the ends of the plugs. I imagine you can get the connectors at Radio Shack for about $10. Enjoy!
1 comment:
We listen to ours on the home stereo all the time. I love it.
Post a Comment