You can double click on any picture to see a larger version.

I learned a couple of years ago that I could sit on a bench in Downtown Grayton Beach, lean against a palm tree and access the internet without charge.

There are two photos of the same building. A new resturant, "Shorty's" recently opened in this building. It's a fine place to dine in a nice atmosphere. From the upstairs dining room, you can view the ocean. We enjoyed a delightful meal here one evening.

A small clothing store shares the building with Shorty's.

This building is next to Shorty's and across the street from the infamous Red Bar. It houses an art gallery and souvenir shop. Upstairs are condo's for rent.

This is the front door to the Red Bar. The picture below is a side view of the Red Bar. The Red Bar is Grayton Beach's most famous destination. The inside decor fits perfectly with the front entrance. No two tables are alike. No two booths are alike, and maybe, no two chairs. They have a band that starts playing at 7 each evening. The place is loud, but filled with happy people and the food and service is excellent. The first time I went inside, I blew it off as a beer joint. Far from it, it is the local gathering place where old acquaintences are renewed and new ones are made.
If you double click on the side view, you will see people sitting on a bench in front of the Red Bar. They were waiting to meet up with some other people for a unique dining experience.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Judging from the pictures, there was at least one afternoon with no rain!
I loved the pictures maybe somewhere down the road I can visit a place like that.
Post a Comment