Each morning we would awake about 5:30, put on a pot of coffee and head to the beach around 6 a.m. to watch the sunrise. Daybreak came just a few minutes after 6 and the the sun was well underway by 6:30. Admittedly, some of these pictures are not what you picture a sunrise to be. I took them that way on purpose so I could show others what I was really seeing in the sunrise. God puts on a beautiful display starting with a virtually black canvas and slowly adding soft and then vibrant colors mostly of the yellow and pink hues before finally allowing the sky blue to show through. I loved the way the pink would flirt with the waves by slightly tinting them as they reflected the light above. Anyway, here are some sunrise pictures for better or for worse.
Click on any picture to get a larger view.

In the picture above, you can still see the crescent moon and one cloud is being brought to life with color.
The picture below is not the sun rising over some mountains. Rather it is the sunrise over the massive sand dunes at Grayton Beach.

In the picture below, the clouds are lightened in color as the world begins to be defined by the light.

I love the pink tint reflected upon the waves and the wet sand on the beach.


Here is how the same sunrise matured.

The following pictures are of a different sunrise. It was quite cloudy, but the sun, in all it's splendor managed to light up those clouds to give us a magnificant picture. It reminded me of what a lava flow would look like from a volcano. That's what I saw and that's how I hope I have pictured it.


1 comment:
Gorgious, gorgious pictures! Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment