Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Time

Here we go again. Daylight savings time is just four hours away. Guess I had better get to changing the clocks. I think we have eleven clocks in the house and two in the cars. Then there's the watches.

In my early college years, I was a DJ. That work will make you acutely aware of the time to the actual second. Network feeds came in exactly on the hour and not a second before. So, I go to an atomic clock site and set my watch to the second. Then I use the watch to set all the other clocks...to the second.

The most challenging setting is in the kitchen. Both the oven and the microwave have digital clocks and can be seen at the same time. I am a fanatic about having each of them change the minute at exactly the same second. I've learned to do the oven first since it is the more difficult of the two.

Oops, then there are the cars. I always have to get the instruction manuals out to figure out how to set them.

I really do like the extra daylight time. So I guess it's worth the trouble. Hmmm, let's see it's 11:18 pm, CDT. Guess it's time to hit the sack. Nite y'all.

2 comments:

Mrs.H said...

I've always wanted the time on my blog post to be the time I actually posted it and not the time I started writing the post. Sometimes it takes me a while.

Bob Everett said...

Write the post on Word then copy and paste onto blog.