I've been meaning to give my thoughts on tabloids.
When I was a youngster, tabloids printed stories about pregnant space aliens giving birth to humans, women who gave birth to 3 children and a cat....all at the same time. People worshiping their cow and eating their dog. A man who could walk through walls but couldn't get over a fence.
You get the point. They were all fake stories which seemed to capture the imagination of a group of people. Tabloids were not to be believed, although like wrestling, some folks thought them to be true. Others found them to be entertaining.
My folks always told me that tabloids were of no good to anybody. They said only the uneducated read tabloids and if you were seen reading a tabloid in public, people would think you were a moron. If it is real news, it will be in the newspaper.
So, I always shied away from tabloids. Even today, I avoid spending any time with a tabloid, whether it's a stand alone paper or just an insert in my local paper. I throw the tabloid sections in the trash as soon as I open the paper. That's where Momma and Daddy said they belong. I believed them then and I believe them now.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
1 comment:
I agree about the worth of tabloids, however, Mr. H and I try to get in the checkout lane with the most alien stories on the covers and speculate on the contents!
Post a Comment