As a teenager, I was just ahead of the drug age. I didn’t even know illegal drugs existed until it was too late to try them. Heck, all I knew about was aspirin and Luden’s cough drops. Why do they call them “drops”? hmmm, I digress.
I was also just ahead of birth control and the eventual free sex spawned by that miracle. But I know a lot of happy boys who weren’t ahead of the curve. I guess I ought to use the term “lucky” in lieu of “happy”, or is it “happy go lucky”? Anyway, I’m sure everybody appreciated “the pill”.
And now? Well the education guru’s want to make A’s and D’s easier to obtain. I never made many A’s until I got married. But I had more than my share of D’s and F’s with a few C’s sprinkled in between. When I was in my first three years of college, if I made a B, my parents would call the Pope to see if I was lying or not.
Do you realize I would not have needed to take Western Civilization three times if the new grading scale was in place? Heck, I might have graduated college a year earlier.
And in high school it would have made the difference in passing or failing chemistry. I have never looked very favorably upon labs after that experience.
The experts claim it will make our young high schoolers more competitive when seeking scholarships to college.
Really? Naw. But it will increase the chances of playing pro ball one day. And we all know those folks are rich. After all, the purpose of a good education is to get rich.
Or is it?
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
2 comments:
It just means they know less for a better grade. Don't understand how that is a good thing.....
good seeing you today! :)
Post a Comment