Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reduction In Force

I am absolutely appalled at the venom being spewed on the Clarion-Ledger’s web site about the announced layoffs.

People are blaming everything they can think of as the reason for the actions. People are degrading the severance benefits offered by the Clarion-Ledger. People are suggesting people who they think should get the ax.

It’s time to get real. If you don’t write out the paychecks for the Clarion-Ledger employees, you don’t get to pick and choose who you want to let go. If you don’t hire those being laid off or fail to personally increase their severance benefit package, then you are not in a position to judge their benefits.

Layoffs are not the caused by the employees themselves. Layoffs are due to economic conditions. They are not the employees’ fault. Those being laid off are good faithful employees.

When is a good time for a layoff, before Christmas or after Christmas? There is not ever a good time for a layoff.

Having been in the position of having to lay off employees in a former job and having experienced a layoff myself, I can empathize with all involved from management on down. My heart goes out to them and I have only good wishes for the future they face.

All of you will be in my prayers. Good luck and God’s blessing upon each you.

1 comment:

AM said...

I saw that and agree with you. I'll just say...it's not cool for anyone to lose their job, but companies overspending or misplaced past spending shouldn't warrant them blaming it on the economy. You can't assume ideal conditions forever! Ridiculous!