I filed my 2007 income taxes a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s almost time for next year’s taxes.
It’s just my normal schedule. The governments don’t really mind, because I do the silly thing and overpay them every year. Then I take a little of the refund and apply the remainder to the next year’s taxes. Once in a while, the overpayment becomes several thousand dollars. At that point, I take most of the refund.
This year the State of Mississippi sent me a letter saying I owed them more money. What?!!! No way.
So I called my accountant and he called the State and then called me back and said it was not true. I don’t owe them money, they owe me MORE money. It appears that a sizable tax payment I made in January, wasn’t applied against my account. Yet, the State had copies of the checks and admitted to cashing them. I had copies too.
So, that excitable moment is behind me. I’m looking forward to getting some of my money back this year along with that economic stimulus check that “jump started” the economy in the first quarter of 2008.
The moral of the story: If you ever need a “jump start” don’t get it from the government because it may cause your wheels to fall off later.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
1 comment:
so nice to receive money from the tax folks!
I tagged you ;) Its on my blog.
Post a Comment