We, the American people, are about to throw $700 Billion at a problem and hope that it gets solved. I’d like to see the worksheets that added up to $700 Billion. I just can’t fathom that amount.
Will this do the job? We are told that the powers to be don’t really know. Maybe, maybe not.
I would like to know is how the money is actually being allocated and to whom. Yes, it is a serious financial problem. But it was brought about by widespread deceitful practices that robbed people of their money, their dreams, and their family security by bringing wealth to the perpetrators.
Are we bailing out those shameless, unprincipled, perfidious real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and mortgage companies who are responsible for this mess? I hope not.
There’s an easy paper trail to follow for every unscrupulous transaction. I’d like to see the authorities follow that paper trail and let the general public know who the shameless thugs are. I know they didn’t break any laws. But they sure violated the consumer. Their names should be made public in local communities all across America. They should be called forward and pointed out so others will not do business with them.
Personally, I think they ought to have to give up a couple of fingers or a hand so they will remember their dastardly deeds.
The problem we are trying to correct is basically an ethical and moral problem. Bailing out those deceitful, unprincipled shysters will not change their ethics or morals. Rather it will convince them that they have a green light to continue the practices.
It’s a shame to put the public through even more misery and not put an end to the problem. It makes me want to just sit down and cry.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
3 comments:
i am so mad about this i could SPIT!!! even though it will HOPEFULLY stimulate the economy, it's saddens my heart to think that MY hard-earned money is bailing a bunch of effin' retarded bankers out of a pickle. the lenders KNEW better. the borrowers KNEW better. being this stupid should hurt AND be costly...for the lenders.
oh, and when the government lends banks money with only a 2% interest rate, then why are they charging us 6%??? maybe they should lower their interest rate profit a little to stimulate the economy instead of us bailing them out!
i have to go before my head EXPLODES!!! :P
I find it appalling that money was LENT to illegal aliens without even requiring an ID yet I can't open a new DEPOSIT account without providing several proofs of who I am.
You tend to explain all this a little better than the cnn & fox talking heads do. I don't get everything that is going on. I hate to really admit that. But I just don't. I know we probably needed to do the bailout but only because I was more scared of going into a "Depression" and what that would do to me, my family, and my friends. That I don't understand fully either. So, thanks for putting your thoughts to words because I do understand you better than the others. :)
Post a Comment