My wife and I changed cellular providers and both got smart phones. It’s a huge change from what we had before. Just last month we started texting. I know, I know others have done it for years. We were different. We had text blocked from our phones.
Anyway, when we started using the service it was on the old telephone keyboard and took forever to type a message. I saw the advertisements for the Cellular South android powered smart phone called “Hero”. After checking with people who used the service and who had experience with the phone, I felt it would be the right move.
So far it has been a good move. Switching from one carrier to another was almost seamless. It took about three hours for our numbers to be completely switched to the new provider. During that time, we could make calls on one service and received calls on the other service. Finally AT&T terminated their service and we were up and running with Cellular South.
We were able to have our phone books downloaded to the new phone. Now I have grouped the numbers into categories such as “family”, “church”, “work”, etc.
The new phone uses G3 technology which means I don’t have to be connected to the internet to use the internet. There are hundreds of web sites I can download to my phone’s memory such as Facebook, the weather radar, various news sources….BBC, AP, Reuters, CNN, and more. It will be nice having those sites at my finger tips since I’m a news junkie anyway.
I’ve found it rather easy to do text messaging using the querty keyboard. There are some things I still need to set up and email is the biggie. I can set up several email accounts to be serviced with this telephone.
I put in an external memory card to allow me to have lots of photographs, music, and videos at my disposal.
The touch is rather sensitive and I’m going to have to adjust that because right now I’m calling people just by scrolling through my phone number lists. Maybe next week, I’ll learn to actually talk on the phone. : )
I think we’re going to enjoy our new phones immensely. It’s a whole new chapter in our communication experiences.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
1 comment:
Glad you like it so far. Hope they work out. I am like you were...just started texting a few months ago and only do that when necessary. Still no smartphone and don't see one in the near future. After sitting in an office and staying on the phone half the day, I only use my cell phone for emergencies.
Post a Comment