Do we really need it six days a week? They talk about going to five days a week. Well, I have a suggestion: Go to three days a week.
What am I talking about? I talking about the mismanaged, broke, red ink sponge called the United States Postal Service. They’re losing billions faster than you can lick a stamp. Oops, we don’t lick them anymore. But you get the point, they’re broke and getting broker.
So why not cut the service in half? Deliver the mail on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Still move the mail as usual, just don’t send it out to houses and businesses except three days a week. That would cut a lot of labor, fuel, and vehicle costs.
Do we really need mail six days a week? Most business are geared to internet banking and prefer for you to pay your bills electronically. So they don’t really need the extra delivery. Most of us email rather in lieu of snail mail. It’s faster and much less expensive.
Another thing; why are there so many different stamps? It seems to me that one stamp for every denomination of currency would be enough. That should reduce costs significantly and make it easier for customers to determine which stamp to use. It’s called management for all you postal managers.
I think there is still a place for the United States Postal Service, but I am not in favor of spending more and more and more for an antiquated service. So, let’s get real. Bring them into the 21st century.
Oh yeah they will scream and holler and tell us how important they are. But I don’t think that is a valid conclusion in this century.
Vision update--don't look past the miracles
8 years ago
1 comment:
Yep, that about says it all.
Post a Comment