Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's One of Those Days

It's gonna be a crazy day. It all started last night. I went to bed at 8:30 pm and I wasn't feeling bad. Got my normal amount of sleep and awoke at 2:30 this morning ready to tackle the world. Now, two hours later, I'm getting sleepy but can't afford to to back to bed because of a full schedule and the need to hit the office early.

For those who don't know, the first big deadline in the Legislature is close of business on February 3. Between now and then the only speed is top speed. There are 53 committee meetings scheduled for today and more will be added on adjournment of the Senate after their 10 am session and on adjournment of the House after their 2 pm session. And the pace will quicken as the week draws on.

I've got a significant interest in about 150 bills spread throughout the committees. After the first deadline, many of those will die because they will fail to clear the committee of assignment.

I don't know if you remember the old "I Love Lucy" segment where she decided to work in a chocolate factory and couldn't keep up with the assembly line pace. Well, that's the way it feels right now. It's both frustrating and exhilarating at the same time.

1 comment:

tank said...

You can do it OB!